New 4H Club: Board games, Fridays after schoolPublished by sam.mcgrath on Fri, 04/28/2017 - 10:37
There is a new 4H club happening here at SaJHS. The club will be playing board games every Friday after school, and since it won't be the full 10 weeks that a 4H club usually lasts, there is no fee to sign up. Inspired by the 4H club, Andrew Oblad decided to rank his top 10 all-time favorite board games and card games.
In celebration of the new 4-H board game club announced this week, I have decided to make a list of the 10 best board games. Card games are included. Enjoy!
10. Forbidden Island- A cooperative game where players work together to collect all four artifacts from the island and escape.
9. Snakes and Ladders- This is a game in which you try to make it to the top of the board by climbing ladders and avoiding snakes.
8. Scrabble- A fun word game to play with family and friends.
7. Man Bites Dog- This game lets you combine words to make headlines.
6. The Star Wars Dice Game- In this game, you roll dice with Star Wars characters on the sides. Each character has a different amount of points you can earn. The first person to 5,000 points wins.
5. Coup- A bluffing game in which you try to gain power by making others lose their cards. The last one with cards left wins!
4. Risk- This is a game where you take over countries in order to achieve world domination.
3. Phase 10- A card game where you go through different “phases” where you need to get a set or run of cards for each one. The first person to get through all ten phases wins.
2. Apples to Apples- A game where there is a card with an adjective on it placed in the center each round and you put in cards with nouns on them that fit with the adjective. This is one of my favorite board games because you can either be serious with your answers or go for laughs.
1. Monopoly- A classic board game in which you try to bankrupt other players. This is my all-time favorite board game because you rely on both strategy and luck to defeat opponents.