Students were honored by receiving the Spartan Summit award at our End-of-Year Awards Night on May 1. The Spartan Summit award is an award that was created the first year Salem Jr High School opened as a way to increase literacy in our community. Students, faculty, staff, and members of the community are eligible to earn this presitgious award. The requirements for this award are:
- Read 25 books
- Complete 10 hours of service reading
- Memorize a well-known poem and explaining its poetry features
- Memorize two famous speeches
- Attend one (1) school play and one (1 ) community play
- Have no unexcused absences
- Have no deficient grades
This year's recipients are Ruby Thompson, Tyler Balls, Kit Casperson, Derik Mower, Adam Walkers and Sadie Cannon.
We also had two 9th grade students who have earned the Spartah Summit award for the second year in a row. These students are Chesni Clawson and Alayna Maestas.
Congratulations to these hardworking students!