9th Grade ACT Aspire Test: 9th grade students will take the ACT Aspire test on May 2 and May 3. It is essentially a practice test for the real ACT they will take in high school. Research shows that the more exposure that students have to the ACT the better they score. Encourage your student to be prepared by getting enough rest, eating a good breakfast and putting their best effort when taking the test.
Yearbooks: You can still pre-order a yearbook at the finance office for $25. We will sell them until we run out. Order soon if you would like one!
Tardy Make Up Information: Remember that in order to go to Lagoon on May 24th, students must meet the following requirements:
- No F's 4th term
- No N's or U's in citizenship
- Have all fines and fees paid
- Attendance requirements are that students must have 3 or fewer tardies overall and no sluffs during term 4
There are a plethora of options for students to make up their tardies:
- Go to morning detention with Mrs. Ward in room 119 at 7 AM
- Work with the teacher of the class you were tardy to
- Go to math lab after school on Tuesday through Friday from 2:45 to 3:45. If you are making up tardies in math lab, you need to bring math to work on during that time.
A wise person once said, "The easiest way to make up a tardy is…don't be tardy" :)
Dress Code Reminder: This time of year students sometimes forget that there are dress standards at school i.e. a dress code. Please take a minute and review the dress and grooming standards policy for Nebo School District. Here is a link to the policy https://www.nebo.edu/
Closed Campus Reminder: Just a reminder that Salem Jr High, like every Jr High in the Nebo School District, is a closed campus. What this means is that students are not permitted to leave the school grounds from the time they arrive in the morning until the time they leave at the end of the day. This includes lunch time, meaning no drink runs, no being picked up by high school friends or siblings and no walking to Stokes for lunch. The only exception to this is if a student is checked out at the office by a parent or someone formally designated by the parent in Infinite Campus.
Fun Opportunity From Utah County Advocacy and Prevention Group: OUTRAGE, Utah County Advocacy and Prevention Group, will be having a Just Dance Competition and Game night on May 4, 2023, from 6-8pm at Utah County Health Department (151 S. University Avenue, Suite 2500, Provo, Utah 84601). All youth ages 12-18 from Utah County are invited to come and have a night to show off their dance moves and get to know other youth in the county. Pizza and ice-cream sundaes will be served.
- April 26 - Poetry Slam 8:00 am
- April 26 - Boys Tennis vs SF @ SF Sports Park 3:30 pm
- April 27 - Boys Tennis vs Mapleton @ MMHS 3:30 pm
- May 1 - SaJHS Awards Night 6:00 pm
- May 2-3 9th Grade ACT Aspire Testing
- May 4 - AP Geography Test
- May 4 - Track - Salem/Mapleton/Payson @ MMHS 2:00 pm
- May 4 - Boys Tennis vs Payson @ SHHS 3:30 pm