SaJHS Talent Show: Don't hide your talent under a bushel! We are excited to have students audition and show off their skills at the SaJHS talent extravaganza. Starting March 21st until April 15th we will have sheets in the office to sign up for an audition slot. Your talent should not exceed 8 minutes (unless it's yodeling, then the sky's the limit). Callbacks will be later in the month of April and the talent show will have a rehearsal on the 12th of May. The actual talent show will be on the 13th of May. We cannot guarantee everyone a slot in the talent show. If you have a unique talent that cannot be on stage and would like to submit a video, please submit it to ethan [dot] dunn [at] nebo [dot] edu
School Lunch Menu: Here is the link to our lunch menu. Take a look to see what scrumptious meals are being prepared for our school. Thank you, students, for being patient, following the rules in the lunchroom, and cleaning up after yourselves! It helps our lunch ladies and custodians out.
End of year testing: Please remember to have your students get lots of rest, eat a good breakfast and bring FULLY CHARGED CHROME BOOKS for their testing dates.
8th Grade RISE Schedule
- Writing April 11-15
- Math April 18-22
- ELA April 25-28
- Science May 2-6
9th Grade Aspire Schedule
- Reading & Science - Tuesday, April 19
- Math & English - Wednesday, April 20
9th Grade Testing Bell Schedule
Student Success Center
The Student Success Center in room 207 is available to assist students in reaching their academic goals. Students can scan the QR code below or use this link to fill out a form letting us know they would like some help. A student success tracker will meet with each student to work out a time for them to come in and get help.
SHHS Drill Team Tryouts: Tryout clinics will be held April 12th and 13th 6:00-7:30 am in the high school main gym. April 14th open practice 6:00-7:30 am in the main gym and tryout check in 3:00 pm dance room, warm-ups 3:15 and judged tryouts 3:30.
FFA - Night of Excellence: Come join Our FFA Family for a night of excellence 6:00 pm @ Salem Jr. High. Featuring Wesley Silcox, Shadrach Field, and Kaycee Field! Single ticket $10.00 or family of six $30.00. Ticket includes dinner. There will also be a silent auction.
AP Human Geography Update (This Is For Current 8th Graders): AP Human Geography is now accepted as part of the associate degree from Utah Valley University. At the time of Salem Junior High's registration this was not the case. If you would like your student to take AP Human Geography instead of World History/Geography please contact your students counselor.
- April 11-15 - 8th Grade Writing Test
- April 14 - Salem vs Payson Boys Tennis @ SHHS 3:30pm
- April 18 - 22 8th Grade State Math Test Begins
- April 18 - FFA Night of Excellence Salem Jr. High 6:00pm
- April 19 - 9th Grade Aspire Testing (Reading and Science)
- April 19 - Salem vs SF Boys Tennis 3:30 @ SHHS
- April 20 - 9th Grade Aspire Testing (Math and English)
- April 20 - SaJHS Presents "Moana J The Musical" 7:00-8:30 pm
- April 21 - Salem vs Mapleton Boys Tennis @ SHHS 3:30
- April 21 - SaJHS Presents "Moana J The Musical" 7:00-8:30 pm
- April 22 - Term 4 Midterm
- April 22- SaJHS Presents "Moana J The Musical" 7:00-8:30 pm
- April 23 - SaJHS Presents "Moana J The Musical" 7:00-8:30 pm