Career Fair at SaJHS: Salem Jr. High will be having a Career Day for students in March 2023. Between now and then we will be looking for presenters from a wide variety of careers. If you or someone you know would be interested in being a presenter for Career Day, please email cameo [dot] johnson [at] nebo [dot] edutarget="_blank" for more information.
Math Lab: Math lab is every Tuesday through Friday after school until 3:45. If your student struggles with math this is a great opportunity to get some one on one help.
Red Ribbon Week Schedule:
- MONDAY -- HIT THE SACK ON DRUGS: Come in your school appropriate pajamas and join us at lunch to sign a commitment banner!
- TUESDAY -- SHADE OUT DRUGS: Wear your sunglasses and play Corn Hole with us at lunch! Also, join us for the school assembly from Fight the New Drug!
- WEDNESDAY -- PAIR UP AND FIGHT DRUGS: Dress up like a friend during twin day! Join us at lunch for a three legged race!
- THURSDAY -- GROW OLD WITHOUT DRUGS: Dress up as an old person and join us for Bingo at lunch!
- FRIDAY -- LAY OFF DRUGS: Wear your Hawaiian Shirt -- wear your red wristband at lunch to get a candy
Fight the New Drug Assembly: As a part of our Anti-drug Red Ribbon Week, we have invited Fight the New Drug to present in an assembly on March 14th at Salem Junior High School! Fight the New Drug is a popular movement that seeks to bring awareness about the dangers that pornography poses to individuals, relationships, and society. They have presented age appropriate assemblies throughout America including at middle schools, junior high schools, high schools, and communities at large. We recommend that before March 14th you sit down with your student and discuss your own family's views on the topic to help prepare them to handle the assembly with maturity and understanding!
- Mar. 8 - Orchestra Parent Festival Concert @ SHHS (all SaJHS orchestra students) 7:30 pm
- Mar. 9 - State Jr. High Concert Band Festival @ Libby Gardner Concert Hall 9:00 am
- Mar. 9 - End of Term 3
- Mar. 9 - SaJHS Musical 7:00 pm
- Mar. 10 - No School - P/C Comp Day
- Mar. 10 - State Jr. High Concert Band Festival @ Libby Gardner Concert Hall 9:00 am
- Mar. 10 - SaJHS Musical 7:00 pm
- Mar. 11 - SaJHS Musical 7:00 pm
- Mar. 12 - Daylight Savings Time Starts
- Mar. 12 - 17 - Red Ribbon Week - See above for details
- Mar. 12 - SaJHS Musical 7:00 pm
- Mar. 14 - District Advanced Choir Festival - Bells Voce & Singers 8:30 am
- Mar. 17 - Percussion concert @ VVMS 7:00