Career Fair at SaJHS: Salem Jr. High will be having a Career Day for students in March 2023. Between now and then we will be looking for presenters from a wide variety of careers. If you or someone you know would be interested in being a presenter, please email cameo [dot] johnson [at] nebo [dot] edutarget="_blank" for more information.
Math Lab: Math lab is every Tuesday through Friday after school until 3:45. If your student struggles with math then this is a great opportunity to get some one on one help.
Boys Tennis: All those interested in boys tennis, we are having a meeting this Thursday, March 2nd, at 2:45 in the library. Come and get information, parents are welcome.
Boys Assistant Tennis Coach: We are needing to hire an assistant tennis coach for the boys team. If you're interested please apply using the following link.
Free Class For Parents: Nebo district is offering a free workshop about children's anxiety. In this class you will learn simple strategies to help respond to your child's anxiety. Here is the link to sign up for the English speaking class. Here is the link to the class in Espanol.
Fight the New Drug Assembly: As a part of our Anti-drug Red Ribbon Week, we have invited "Fight the New Drug" to present in an assembly on March 14th at Salem Junior High School! Fight the New Drug is a popular movement that seeks to bring awareness about the dangers that pornography poses to individuals, relationships, and society. They have presented age appropriate assemblies throughout America including at middle schools, junior high schools, high schools, and communities at large. We recommend that before March 14th you sit down with your student and discuss your own family's views on the topic to help prepare them to handle the assembly with maturity and understanding!
Sharp Survey Information: Every two years, the state and district conduct a survey regarding student health and risk behaviors. Information gained from the survey will allow your school district and the State of Utah to continue to provide comprehensive prevention programs for our schools and children. This year, the school will be surveying all 8th graders in their Science class in a couple of weeks. This survey is optional and anonymous. Since this survey includes questions regarding risk taking behavior, including drug use, violent behaviors and other personal issues that are not typically discussed in school; parent permission is required for students to participate.
Only students with parent permission will be surveyed. To ensure that you have received this information, please fill out the permission forms linked below. If you do not want your student participating in this survey, please indicate so on the permission form. More detailed information on the surveys are given in the permission forms and below.
For more information look at this link for a one page explanation of the Sharp Survey. Below are the links for the consent form. To participate this form must be filled out by 5:00 PM on Friday the 3rd of March.
- Mar. 1 - 8th to 9th Registration Assembly
- Mar. 1 - District Concert Band Assessment 9:00 - 12:00 am
- Mar. 1 - Choir concert Rehearsal - Concert Choirs & Singers 2:45 - 3:45 pm
- Mar. 2 - District Orchestra Assessment @ SHHS (all SaJHS orchestra students)
- Mar. 2 - Boys Tennis Meeting in the Library @ 2:45
- Mar. 6 - ALC & UVU Career Night (Auto Mechanics & Construction Mgmt) at ALC 6:00 pm
- Mar. 7 - District Intermediate Choir Festival (concert Choir & Singers) 8:30 am
- Mar. 8 - Orchestra Parent Festival Concert @ SHHS (all SaJHS orchestra students) 7:30 pm
- Mar. 9 - State Jr. High Concert Band Festival @ Libby Gardner Concert Hall 9:00 am
- Mar. 9 - End of Term 3
- Mar. 10 - No School - P/C Comp Day
- Mar. 10 - State Jr. High Concert Band Festival @ Libby Gardner Concert Hall 9:00 am
- Mar. 10 - SaJHS Musical 7:00 pm
- Mar. 11 - SaJHS Musical 7:00 pm
- Mar. 12 - Daylight Savings Time Starts