|Harrassment Policy||263.11 KB|
Open Gym: We are starting our Basketball Open Gym/Intramurals for 8th and 9th grade Boys and Girls on Monday Oct. 24th through Friday Nov. 4th. Monday will run 2-3:30, Tuesday - Friday 3-4:30 both weeks. If you have any questions email casey [dot] boyer [at] nebo [dot] edutarget="_blank" Thanks!!
Math Lab and Student Success Center: The Math lab is open Tuesday through Thursday after school in room 105. Student success advocates are available in the student success center daily. Use this link to fill out a form to let us know your student needs help. A student success tracker will meet with each student to work out a time for them to come in and get help.
Hope Week: It's HOPE Week! Our theme is "Pause for Mental Health". Participate in lunch activities everyday for a chance to win candy and prizes!
- Pause and listen to music on Monday! You can win candy playing a game and listening to music in the Cafeteria. Students will create a positive sticky note wall on the library windows!
- Pause and Remember...You are One in a Minion...on Tuesday! Dress up like a minion or wear yellow! Play Banana Tag (It's a riot) at lunch in the commons for a raffle ticket, for a chance to win a minion gift basket!
- On Wednesday, Pause for Musical Motivation! Play musical chairs in the cafeteria to win candy bars!
- Pause and be Thoughtful on Thursday! The HOPE Squad will be passing out "thoughtful messages with a treat" and doing a lunch activity: "We are all in this Together".
- Pause to be Kind on Friday! We will have an assembly with Stand4Kind in the morning, Kindness Notes around the school, and have a "Pass it On" Kindness game in the cafeteria at lunch to win treats!
Career Fair (coming in March): Salem Jr. High will be having a Career Day for students in March 2023. Between now and then we will be looking for presenters from a wide variety of careers. If you or someone you know would be interested in being a presenter for Career Day, please email cameo [dot] johnson [at] nebo [dot] edutarget="_blank" for more information.
Advisory Lesson Monday October 24: On Monday we had an advisory lesson on the Nebo school district, student discrimination and harassment policy. The presentation is attached to this message as a PDF. The second to last slide is a video, here is a link to it. Please take a moment to review the presentation and have a conversation with your student.
- Oct. 29 - Orchestra Workshop @ SHHS (all SaJHS orchestra students) 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Nov. 1-18 - SaJHS Canned Food Drive
- Nov. 3 - Drama III Dinner Theatre Performance 7:00pm
- Nov. 4 - Drama III Dinner Theatre Performance 7:00pm
- Nov. 5 - Drama III Dinner Theatre Performance 7:00pm
- Nov. 6 - Daylight Savings