Mrs. Brighton, along with her technicians, took her Life Skills students and some peer tutors to the Kid's Fishing Day hosted at Salem Pond. Students were able to fish, play at the park, socialize, and enjoy lunch with friends from multiple school districts. We are so grateful to King's Camo and the multiple agencies that help to make this day possible each year!
Our school bands did their last concert on Monday the 13th. They have been working hard all year long and it paid off. They sounded great. Mr. Stolworthy took time during the concert to recognize students who have played with the bad all three years of junior high and are now moving onto the high school.
We are looking forward to our End of School Spirit Week at Salem Jr. High May 13-17! While you try to incorporate each day's theme, please follow the dress code and do not use any face or body paint. The themes for each day are listed below.
- May 13th - Blackout Monday- Wear as much black as you can!
- May 14th - Rep Your Team Tuesday - Whether it's local, college, or professional, support your team by wearing their gear!
- May 15th - Wacky Tacky Wednesday - We are ready for your craziest hair, socks, and/or clothes! Prizes will be given at lunch.
- May 16th - Lagoon Day
- May 17th - Spartan Spirit Friday - Wear your Spartan or Skyhawk gear and get a donut at lunch!
Salem Junior won the district slam for the FIRST time ever last night. These three made the best team we've had yet. Their points combined put Salem at the top. Michael Langton won 2nd place overall. Although Sam Bleggi and Chloe Christiansen didn't place in the top three, the each got very high scores for their poems. If you see them today please congratulate them! I think they were shocked that they won but SO excited. (The giant pencil is the trophy that the winning school gets to keep until the next year.)
The Spartan Showcase is going to be this Thursday, May 2nd. We will have a number
of things around the school that teachers have put on display to highlight what students
have worked on this year.
- Cafeteria: Art will be displaying pieces that students have submitted.
- 300 Hall: Mr. Williams will have creative writing projects posted by his room and the CTE teachers will have projects displayed through the end of the 300 hall.
- 100 Hall: English teachers will have poetry and ninth grade work posted down the end
- of the 100 hall.
- 400 Hall: Spanish and Health will have projects posted by their classrooms in the 400 hall.
- Commons: The Jazz Band will be playing from 5-6 p.m.
- Gym: Awards assembly starting at 6 p.m. This is for those that have been invited.
Teachers will also be in their classrooms from 3 to 8 p.m. to talk about your students'
We look forward to seeing you here on Thursday from 3 - 8 p.m.